Inspiring. To summarize the Innovations in Healthcare Annual Forum in one word: inspiring.
Despite a full agenda over the two-day conference, the energy in the room never dwindled. For the first time since 2019, stakeholders from across the healthcare ecosystem came together to share knowledge, discuss challenges, and explore solutions to some of the most pressing global health issues including:
- Equitable access to quality care;
- Infectious diseases and pandemic preparedness;
- Antimicrobial resistance;
- Integrated, innovative private sector approaches for addressing non-communicable diseases;
- Trust in public health;
- Innovation lessons from global pandemics;
- Strengthening primary care as a foundation for resilient health systems and global health security;
- The use of artificial intelligence to improve health and healthcare; and
- Coordinated approaches to funding of health ventures in emerging markets.
The Innovations in Healthcare Annual Forum enables all voices to be heard. The event kicked off with a conversation between keynote speaker, Dr. John Wigneswaran, Chief Medical Officer, Walmart, and Dr. Krishna Udayakumar, Executive Director, Innovations in Healthcare. Their discussion on the future of primary care, wellness, and equitable access to quality care was followed by a thought-provoking Q&A session from the floor, both in-person and virtually.
Following the keynote were featured innovator spotlights and dynamic panels sessions. The variety of sessions enabled participants to hear from key decision-makers and to advocate for policies and interventions that can improve health outcomes. Built-in networking sessions, arguably the most beneficial aspect of our convening, lead to new insights, innovative solutions, and stronger partnerships that can help address some of the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The world is facing unprecedented global health challenges, and the need for global cooperation and collaboration has never been greater. Innovations in Healthcare’s Annual Forum is a powerful tool to build stronger partnerships, foster collaboration, and promote innovative solutions that can improve health outcomes for people around the world.
The Duke Global Health Innovation Center is a proud partner of Innovations in Healthcare. Return to the Innovations in Healthcare blog series.